Wednesday, July 29, 2020

                                                               "Nana the Great"

Yes, Nana the Great! My daughter-in-love, (no that's not a typo!  That is what she is to me) Kayla is this precious one's grandmother and I am the great grandmother.  And I am Katy and Macy's Nana.  So now my stature has been elevated to Nana the Great.  Of all the names that I've been called over the years the top three remain--Mom, Nana and now Nana the Great!  It just keeps getting better thus, I do aspire to live long enough to be called Nana the Greatest Great, fully realizing that I could be well into my 100s before that happens.  But a woman can dream and I do a whole bunch of that!

I've made her blankets and given her the best stroller we could find, after reading all the research and reviews.  We have already bought part of her Christmas gifts from me and Papa the Great.  And my sweet granddaughter, Katy never fails to send us photos, videos and texts weekly that help us keep up with her every move.  And our ever so thoughtful daughter-in-love has kept us in the know and in photos since the day of her birth.  But I want to hold her and kiss the top of that little downy head and blow on her belly and hear her laugh.  I want to give her a taste of ice cream and watch her splash in the bathtub.  I want to experience the wonder of rustling leaves in the trees under which she and I are stretched out on a quilt in the backyard and so much more as she goes from one baby stage to the next.  I want to experience the wonders of the world through her eyes, as I did with her little momma, Katy and with her Auntie Macy and before that with Matt or Big Papa as he is now called, and with her Auntie Ashley.

So now I'm going to introduce her to you by photos, as I was introduced, to Blakely Diane Whaler.  Drum roll please!

This was taken on July 4th.  Bodie calls it America the Beautiful.  He is right.
Yes she has her Mom's and her Nana's ability to change her mood on a moments notice!

More to come and a full report after we have the pleasure of meeting Blakely in person!


1 comment:

  1. And what a meeting it was!! Finally, Nana and Papa the greats got to see and old our beautiful great granddaughter. We met her finally at 3 Falls Cove lodge near Fritch, Texas and Lake Meredith.

    ReplyDelete