Friday, July 31, 2020

                                                            "Gifts of of Days"

I believe that within the span of a day we are given gifts!  The trick is to notice what's in front of us and take it into our conscienousness so that we can enjoy what we've been given.  I'm as guilty as the next person of having squandered untold presents, leaving them unnoticed and never enjoyed.  We are all encumbered by life's obligations, some imposed by others and some self-imposed.  Current events and career and family expectations heaped upon our already demanding and over-burdened daily "to-do list" makes "taking time to smell the roses" just another thing we are "supposed" to do.  So I write this to say that I was once there and it was not until I retired, my young family grown that I made the choice to slow the pace of my days.  I am so glad that it was a choice I got to make as opposed to something catastrophic like my health or that of my husband or children that took a turn toward the worse.  I am very fortunate!

So think of this reminder as just that--a nudge to help you think about making time for the gifts you may be leaving here, there, everywhere, unopened and not enjoyed.  I'm not your mother or your spouse or even your teacher that is nagging you to get something done, turned in. I'm just someone asking you to take care of you!  I'm going to share with you some moments in a day that have made me smile, lowered my heart rate and blood pressure and "slowed my roll" as my son often says.  Enjoy! 
 

Grandchildren. 



 A good bed.

Good coffee.

Frosty mornings.

A warm fire.

Your own backyard.

Sunsets.

 And unexpected kiss.
A great cup of tea in your best teacup.

Holding hands.



The best of natures bounty.
This is my gift to you--a little nudge to help remind YOU to enjoy your gifts of everyday.  And be sure to give thanks to the Creator. 

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures tell a beautiful story.
    Bodie

    ReplyDelete