Thursday, July 5, 2012

Musings From the Porch

You know, sometimes it just really is a good idea to be still and listen.  Listen to nature.  Listen to your heart.  Listen to God.  At about 7 a.m. on this beautiful sun-drenched day I think I heard all three.  It is so quiet here, unlike my former life as a town girl, that I can hear a breeze begin over in the trees just southeast of the back porch and then in a few seconds it caresses my face.  What a gift!  I think God gifts us with so many things-- feelings, family, friends, our health, wealth, etc., etc.-- that we become like spoiled children.  We take these things for granted or worse we assume that because we have so much, it is because we have done something to deserve it.  I am one of the least deserving people in the world yet, I have been blessed with an abundant life.  And I hope God knows how much I know it is He who has provided every bit of it-- the big and the little.  This morning He gifted/blessed me with a quiet moment; a gentle breeze and a really good cup of coffee.  For that I am very grateful.  So instead of asking Him for things to happen in a certain way with certain people at a certain time I simply asked,  "Thy will be done." And I know it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment