Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catching Up

Oh my goodness! Where do I start? As soon as school was out for the summer, Katy, Papa and I made the trek to Shereveport, LA. for the "Author! Author" book event. I spoke about my book and Katy presented an interestting and professional speech regarding "Cooking With Sugar and Spice"---Macy and Katy's combined effort to write a children's cookbook. She told the audience of approximately 250 that she had been "cooking since I was a little girl." Katy is the ripe old age of 10. While there, she met many authors including Charlene Harris, author of the wildly popular HBO series, "True Blood."

As for the rest of my summer, we began what was to be a short and relatively inexpensive remodel on our home, which has turned out to be neither short or inexpensive. But isn't that always the case.

In May, we did a girls trip to New York City. My daughter Ashley, her friend Connie, my daughter-in-law Kayla, my two precious granddaughters Macy and Katy and I had five days of "kick up your heels" fun in the Big Apple." We ate everything from pretzels and hot dogs from the street vendors to a delicious and momentous meal at the world famous Tavern on the Green in Central Park. We even took a stretch limo to the restarant. The girls said we "partyed like rock stars." We did all the tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Top of the Rock, the theatre, etc.) and shopped and shopped and shopped. New York is a fabulous city!

But alas summer is winding down and school will be starting soon. I look forward to new faces and new friends and new recipes that I always manage to find through the great teachers/cooks I encounter.

Can't wait for the next Pulpwood Queens "Girlfriends Weekend." I will be cooking for the authors dinner on opening night and I'm thrilled to be doing so. I can hardly wait to see old friends and make new acquaintances there. Of course, I will be using recipes from my cookbook, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Biscuits."

Stay cool, stay safe and as Macy and Katy say' "Mix it all up."

No comments:

Post a Comment