Saturday, March 28, 2009

Author! Author!

I am so excited because Macy and Katy and I have been invited to speak at a book event in Shreveport, Louisiana. Katy will be speaking and representing their new cookbook, "Cooking With Sugar and Spice" and I will be speaking about my book, "Praise the Lord and Pass the Biscuits". You can view more by going to www.authorauthorshreveport.com This event will be held in Shreveport, LA, on June 12-13.

Also, on March 20, I experienced a most delightful event! I called in to Shellie Rushing Tomlinson's radio show. http://www.allthingssouthern.com/ We talked about my book and just had the best time. I am happy to say that she and so many of my author friends will be gathering at the author/book event mentioned above. Hope to see you there.

And if some of you are wondering why I'm a little crazy---can you be a little crazy or is that like being a little bit pregnant? Which I am not--pregnant that is. I would be on Oprah for sure if that were the case. Anyway back to why I am a little bit crazy. In the midst of all this, I have been continuing to work as a substitute school counselor in Fort Worth ISD. Just when I get to believing I'm really cool, especially for my age, I'm reminded just how old I really am. I subbed at a junior high this past week. Enough said!!

No comments:

Post a Comment