Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

Hey everyone! I'm so excited that I finally have a website. I hope some of you will "chat" with me on it. Today is dreary--typical of Texas in early February. But also typical is the hope that Spiring is just around the corner. My daffodils are beginning to bloom and that always cheers me. Hope you and your Honey have a delightful Valentines Day.

On this site I hope to post a recipe and a quote each week as well as other info. I'm going to start with truffles. Nothing says, "I love you" like chocolate!
TRUFFLES
Heat to boiling 1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream). Remove from heat and srit in 12 oz. chocolate chips. When completely blended, pour into 8"x8" buttered dish/pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let chill in frig for two hours and then scoop out enough to roll into wasnut-sized balls. Then roll each ball in powdered cocoa, or ground nuts or chocolate sprinkles. Place in air tight container and store until ready to serve. Enjoy!

Quote of the week: The love we give away is the only love we get to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment